Invited Lectures, Panels & Seminars
- Invited Lecture: "The Glocal and Global Studies", Catholic University of Milan, May 18, 2015, Milan, Italy.
- Invited participant, international conference "Bridging the Balkans", Centre for Hellenic Studies at King's College, May 15-17, 2013, London, UK.
- Invited participant, international conference on "Multiple Belongings and the Transnationalism of Catholicism: Diversity, Unity and Process of Formation", organized by DePaul University's Center for World Catholicism and Intercultural Theology, April 15-17, 2013, Chicago, IL.
- Short-term visiting professor: the Irish School of Ecumenics' (University College Dublin) European Graduate Intensive Program in Intercultural Theology and Interreligious Studies "Translating God(s): Fluid Religion and Orthodoxy", Ovidius University of Constantza, Romania, 2012, Sept. 12-19.
- Invited participant: Author-Meets-Critics panel for R. Holton's Global Finance (London: Routledge, 2012), Global Studies Association annual meetings, July 5-8 2012, Manchester, UK.
- Invited participant, International Workshop II on Nation, State and Religion in the Mediterranean: From 1789 to 1960 (Van Leer Jerusalem Institute, Tel Aviv University, Tel Aviv, Israel, July 19-22, 2009) & Workshop III on Nation, State and Religion in the Mediterranean: From 1789 to 1960 (University of Granada, Spain, May 9-12, 2010).
- Invited participant, International Workshop Religions on Cyprus: Historical Arguments and Political Problems, University of Erfurt, October 10-13, 2007.
- Invited Lecture: "Transnationalism and Cosmopolitanism", Department of Geography, Miami University, February 7, 2003.
- Invited Lecture: "Transnational Hellenism & the Greek - American Community", Program in Modern Greek Studies, Department of Greek & Latin, Ohio State University, January 8, 2002.
- Invited Lecture: "Competing National Identities in Macedonia: Before and After the Kosovo Crisis", Russian and East European Studies Seminar, Center for International Studies, University of Pittsburgh, November 30, 1999.
- Invited Lecture: "The 'Invention of Tradition' in the 19th Century Balkans", Seminar on the Modern Greek State, Center for Byzantine and Modern Greek Studies, CUNY-Queens College, March 26, 1997.
- Invited Lecture: "The 'Clash of Civilizations' in Southeastern Europe and the Status of the 'Balkans' in the 'New World Order'", Program in Hellenic Studies, Joseph Henry House, Princeton University, March 7, 1997.
2015 Author-Meets-Critics Panel for Globalization and Orthodox Christianity, held at the biannual congress of the International Society for Sociology of Religion, Louvain, Belgium.
2014 Author-Meets-Critics Panel for Globalization and Orthodox Christianity, held at the annual meetings of the Global Studies Association, York St. John University, York UK, June 26-28.
2011 Author-Meets-Critics Panel for Orthodox Christianity in 21st Century Greece, held at the biannual meetings of the International Society for Sociology of Religion, Aix-en-Provence, France, June 30-July 3.
2005 Author-Meets-Critics Panel for Eastern Orthodoxy in a Global Age, held at the annual meetings of the Association for the Sociology of Religion, Philadelphia, PA, August.
2003 Author-Meets-Critics Panel for Nationalism, Globalization and Orthodoxy, held at the Eastern Sociological Society's Annual Meetings, Philadelphia, PA.